Project Leader Resources
If you share Operation Christmas Child in any way with your friends, school, church or group, encouraging them to pack shoeboxes, you are a project leader! We have lots of great ideas that could help you inspire others to take part.
FORM A PLAN
- This is the first and most important step of shoebox packing! Commit to pray and facilitate prayer throughout the process of shoebox collections.
Set a shoebox goal.
- It's a great idea to set a goal because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal. Download our Shoebox Goal Chart resource below.
Determine how to reach the goal.
- Will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Will you organise and host a packing party for a group?
How will you collect the £5 per shoebox shipping donation?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our 'Taking Operation Christmas Child Churchwide' resource below.
- Visit our Groups pages on the website for ideas of how to get involved.
Determine how you will get started.
Bonus idea: Collect items year round to make packing easier!
Get the word out
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of Operation Christmas Child leaflets, Posters, Facebook covers, videos, photos, etc., from the website
- Share Operation Christmas Child stories, photos, and videos from Operation Christmas Child's webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
- Be able to demonstrate how to pack a shoebox. Know what can and can't be packed.
- Emphasise the importance of including a quality "wow" item and £5 shipping donation in each shoebox.
- Encourage participants to discover the destination of their shoebox gifts by donating online through Follow Your Box.
Collect and celebrate what God has done!
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Host a Shoebox Celebration Event
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, using the hashtag #ipackshoeboxes.
- Drop off the shoeboxes at your nearest Drop Off Point between 1st & 18th November
Bonus idea: Become a Year-Round Volunteer and be part of coordinating this amazing campaign!