Project Leader Resources
Project leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child
FORM A PLAN
- This is the first and most important step of shoebox packing! Commit to pray and facilitate prayer throughout the process of shoebox collections.
Set a shoebox goal.
- Itís a great idea to set a goal because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
Determine how to reach the goal.
- Will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Will you organise and host a packing party for a group?
How will you collect the £5 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By each individual shoebox packer attaching the donations to their gifts via the online donation process Follow Your Box?
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
Determine how you will get started.
- Will you have a Project Launch Event?
- Download or order free materials and films from our Resources Page.
Bonus idea: Collect items year round to make packing easier!
Get the word out
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of OCC leaflets, Posters, Facebook covers, videos, photos, etc., from the website
- Share OCC stories, photos, and videos from OCCís webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
- Be able to demonstrate how to pack a shoebox. Know what can and canít be packed.
- Emphasise the importance of including a quality "wow" item and £5 shipping donation in each shoebox.
- Encourage participants to discover the destination of their shoebox gifts by donating online through Follow Your Box.
Collect and celebrate what God has done!
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Host a Shoebox Celebration Event
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @occuk, using the hashtag #ipackshoeboxes.
- Drop off the shoeboxes at your nearest Drop Off Point between 1 ñ 18 November
Bonus idea: Become a Year-Round Volunteer and be part of coordinating this amazing campaign!