Operation Christmas Child is a great way to introduce corporate social responsibility to your workplace, whilst bringing love and joy into the lives of children in need overseas.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Include a ‘How to Pack your shoebox’ leaflet with a note telling them where and when they should bring their shoeboxes/items. You can order/download free leaflets and posters here.
- Download free resources – posters, leaflets and video downloads – everything you need to get your workplace inspired to take part in Operation Christmas Child.
- Host an OCC lunch. Employees can bring empty shoeboxes and filler items, or your workplace may be willing to donate some filler items.
- Become a Drop Off Point for the shoeboxes or even help process boxes for shipment as a team in a local Processing Centre. Local Drop Off Points are listed here.
- Circulate an e-mail or memo explaining the project and how to get involved. Make sure to include a link to our website.
- Hold a departmental shoebox challenge and see which department can fill the most boxes. Alternatively, work together and each bring a gift to contribute – then see how many shoeboxes you can fill.