Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is the world’s largest shoebox appeal where Samaritan’s Purse, together with local churches here and overseas, distributes from the UK over 680,000 gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need overseas and in so doing demonstrates God’s love in a tangible way whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We are looking to employ several administrators on temporary contracts at our head office in Buckhurst Hill to assist with answering phone calls and emails and other administrative work during our Christmas shoebox campaign.
- One full-time role from 3rd September 2018 to 31st January 2019.
- Two or three part-time/flexible-hours roles from 1st October to 14th December 2018.
Hourly rate £9.50. Close proximity Central Line.
You will need to:
- Be available for a minimum of 2 days a week (or up to one day a week as an unpaid volunteer)
- Be quick to learn
- Have a clear and confident telephone manner
- Good PC skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Happy to work independently
- Be comfortable working in a very busy environment
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Be flexible regarding the tasks you may be given
- Ideally have experience of working in an office
ALL applicants are required to submit a CV and covering letter. Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK
Closing date for applications: 6 August 2018Full Time Administrative Assistant Job DescriptionFlexible or Part Time Administrative Assistant Job Description