Samaritan’s Purse has an opportunity for an Operations and Logistics Manager for processing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
In this role you will be responsible for day to day running and supervision of a safe, efficient and cost effective UK logistics operation for resourcing receiving, collecting, processing and exporting the Operation Christmas child shoebox gifts through the network of processing centres.
You will be able to make a significant contribution to the smooth operation of the Operation Christmas Child logistics, and will have strong communication skills to engage with Logistics co-ordinators and regional managers, and a proactive approach to problem solving to implement logistics solutions where there are gaps in the logistics network.
There is also a significant compliance element to this role and the successful applicant will be required to travel to locations across the country to our processing centres to ensure compliance during November and December, and may also occasionally involve taking direct management of a processing centre.
A wide ranging varied role to include:
- Data Support – maintain volunteer records and record operational data.
- Relational support – Provide managerial support to Logistics Co-Ordinators and Regional Managers and to processing and collection team volunteers. Ensure that all teams have access to and competence in implementing the relevant Health & Safety procedures.
- Operations support:
- Manage the process of sourcing and administering the Processing Centres.
- Manage the logistics of setting up drivers for collection areas, authorisation and supply of hired vehicles, provision of logistics material and equipment.
- Manage setting up new collections team sand search for storage sites, to include also sourcing warehousing for problem areas.
- During November and December, manage compliance across processing centres in the UK.
- When required, act as Processing Centre Manager or assistant manager in a centrally run Processing Centre during November and December.
- Strategic Development of Operations and Logistics processes, including review process, solution management, building links with external companies to build a comprehensive, cost effective logistics solution & build church and collections only networks.
- Organisational Development – provide operational, relational and technical support across Operations, Logistics and IT.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- This role requires a strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills and good PC skills.
- 3-5 years experience in a Logistics, Operations or process related environment.
- Minimum A-Level or equivalent qualifications.
- We are a Christian Charity, involved in outreach. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the Christian purpose of Samaritan’s Purse and support the organisation’s Christian ethos.
Due to the nature and context of this post, the successful candidate will need to be a committed Christian. All applicants are required to submit a cv, together with a covering letter describing their Christian life and experience and the impact of this on their day to day life.
We are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.