Temporary Staff for Operation Christmas Child at Buckhurst Hill Office
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is the world’s largest shoebox appeal where Samaritan’s Purse, together with local churches here and overseas, distributes from the UK over 680,000 gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need overseas and in so doing demonstrates God’s love in a tangible way whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We are looking to employ an Administrator on a temporary contract at our head office in Buckhurst Hill to assist primarily with answering phone calls and emails during our Christmas shoebox campaign from September 2018 to 31st January 2019. Hourly rate £9.50. Close proximity Central Line.
You will need to:
- be quick to learn
- have a clear and confident telephone manner
- good PC skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- happy to work independently
- be comfortable working in a very busy environment
- have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- be flexible regarding the tasks you may be given
- ideally have experience of working in an office
Due to the nature and/or context of this post the successful candidate will need to be a committed Christian able to fully commit to our Statement of Faith.
ALL applicants are required to submit a completed application form. Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 9 July 2018Job Description Person SpecificationApplication Form