Status: Full time, Permanent
Salary: depending on experience
Location: Based Buckhurst Hill, Greater London (close proximity to Central Line)
As we continue our mission to deliver outstanding work across the world, an excellent opportunity has arisen at our Head Office for an experienced International Disaster Response Programme Manager responsible for managing and developing our overseas programme portfolio of disaster response activity and projects, built around our Christian ethos; including leveraging opportunities for growth in institutional funding alongside growth in the level of engagement from our internal staff and external supporter base.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is an all-encompassing role where the scope of your work will include:
- Programme Management and Partner Support
- Programme Development and Growth
- Programme Coordination, Advocacy and Communication
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should have proven:
- Overseas experience in disaster response and/or development contexts
- Success in institutional fundraising (for example, DFID, EU, Comic Relief, etc.)
- Experience of managing programme-wide Monitoring and Evaluation
- Comprehensive understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Strong people and project management experience
- Strong financial awareness/financial reporting
- Confident with Microsoft Office packages
- Leadership skills with vision for ministry growth and strong commitment to evangelism,
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with and win support of a broad cross-section of stakeholders
- Positive attitude towards your own (and others’) continuous improvement
- Undergraduate degree in development or humanitarian studies, or similar degree with equivalent experience.
- Post-graduate degree in humanitarian studies or similar is preferred
- Grade C Maths and English, or equivalent.
Due to the nature and context of this post the successful candidate will be fully committed to our Christian ethos and able to personally demonstrate a commitment to the Christian faith.
For further information about this role, including job description and person specification as well as a summary of employee benefits, please see below. Interested applicants should at the first instance submit their CV together with a comprehensive covering letter highlighting their relevant experience and affinity with our Christian values.
Programme Manager, International Disaster Response Job DescriptionProgramme Manager, International Disaster Response Person SpecificationProgramme Manager, International Disaster Response Benefits