Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is a global evangelical Christian relief and development organisation providing emergency relief, development assistance, and church and community support to suffering people around the world whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
International Disaster Response, Programme Manager
Full time, Permanent
Salary: depending on experience
Based at Buckhurst Hill, (close proximity to Central Line)
Closing date: 4th June 2018
As we continue our mission to deliver outstanding work across the world, an excellent opportunity has arisen at our Head Office for an experienced International Disaster Response Programme Manager responsible for managing and developing our overseas programme portfolio of disaster response activity and projects, built around our Christian ethos; including leveraging opportunities for growth in institutional funding alongside growth in the level of engagement from our internal staff and external supporter base.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an all-encompassing role where the scope of your work will include:
- Programme Management and Partner Support
- Programme Development and Growth
- Programme Coordination, Advocacy and Communication
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have proven:
- Overseas experience in disaster response and/or development contexts
- Success in institutional fundraising (for example, DFID, EU, Comic Relief, etc.)
- Experience of managing programme-wide Monitoring and Evaluation
- Comprehensive understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Strong people and project management experience
- Strong financial awareness/financial reporting
- Confident with Microsoft Office packages
- Leadership skills with vision for ministry growth and strong commitment to evangelism
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with and win support of a broad cross-section of stakeholders
- Positive attitude towards your own (and others’) continuous improvement
- Undergraduate degree in development or humanitarian studies, or similar degree with equivalent experience
- Post-graduate degree in humanitarian studies or similar is preferred
- Grade C Math and English, or equivalent
Due to the nature and context of this post the successful candidate will need to be a committed Christian, able to fully commit to our Statement of Faith.
Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.
For further information about this role, including job description and person specification as well as a summary of employee benefits, please see below. Interested applicants should at the first instance submit their CV together with a comprehensive covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting their relevant experience and affinity with our Christian values.
Job description Summary of current benefitsPerson specification