Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is the world’s largest shoebox appeal where Samaritan’s Purse, together with local churches here and overseas, distributes from the UK over 678,686 gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need overseas and in so doing demonstrates God’s love in a tangible way whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for someone to be employed on a 4 week contract on a self-employed basis working out of our head office in Buckhurst Hill. You will both drive vans full of shoeboxes to locations around the south of England and do collections of shoeboxes in London during our Christmas shoebox campaign from 12th November to 7th December 2018. Additional days may be required before the 12th and after the 7th and the ability to work flexible hours and be capable of loading and unloading vans is a must. Hourly rate: £12.50 per hour.
- To have a valid full UK driving licence
- Be flexible with your hours
- Have a clear and confident telephone manner
- Be confident driving a long wheel base van
- Be happy to work independently
- Be comfortable working in a very busy environment
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Be flexible regarding the tasks you may be given
- Be physically capable of moving large, heavy boxes while loading/unloading the vans
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply using the form below.
Closing date for applications: 28th October 2018