Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 p.a with benefits
Based Buckhurst Hill, (close proximity to Central Line)
As Samaritan’s Purse and The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association continue to recognise the importance of valuing our committed and loyal supporter base, we are seeking a Donor Services Representative to join the busy and committed Donor Services Department, building on our vision to be a ‘supporter-centric’ organisation. In this role you will have the opportunity to make a highly valued and significant contribution to the delivery of a responsive, effective and accountable service to our donors and supporters, which recognises our dependence upon them for all that we do, embraces them as part of the SP and BGEA teams and builds loyalty to our cause.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interaction with supporters over the phone and in writing.
- Documenting interactions and processing gifts in the organisations’ database
- Maintain knowledge of fundraising campaigns of Samaritan’s Purse and the BGEA and input to the campaigns as required.
- Supporting donor engagement and retention initiatives
- Other administrative and support duties as required.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have proven:
- Strong written and oral communication, minimum Grade C English GCSE
- Excellent phone manner
- Good numeracy, minimum Grade C Mathematics GCSE
- Ability to build good working relationships with others
- Ability to prioritise, anticipate and multitask
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Proficient Word, Excel, Outlook and Customer Services databases
- Experience with a multiple line phone system
- Enthusiasm for the Christian purposes of the organisation
Ideally, we would also request that you:
- Are experienced in Raisers Edge Databases
- Possess a formal IT/computing qualification
- Are educated to A level standard in subjects relevant to this role
Due to the nature and context of this post the successful candidate will need to be a committed Christian, able to fully commit to our Statement of Faith. ALL applicants are required to submit a completed application form, together with a covering letter highlighting their relevant experience. Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.