Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is a global evangelical Christian relief and development organisation providing emergency relief, development assistance, and church and community support to suffering people around the world whilst sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) exists to proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all and by every effective means available to us and by equipping others to do the same.
Director of Fundraising
Full time, permanent – (interim will also be considered)
Based Buckhurst Hill, Greater London (close proximity to Central Line)*
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Here at Samaritan’s Purse and BGEA we are looking to appoint a Director of Fundraising to manage the fundraising activities of both organisations. Leading a small team you will provide vision and leadership to ensure the organisations achieve their fundraising targets.
- Develop and grow the organisations’ fundraising strategy
- Line manage and develop members of the fundraising team
- Produce cost effective budgets to achieve action plans
- Be an integral member of the SMT and advise fellow members on the organisations’ fundraising activities
- Maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders and be able to identify new opportunities for the charity
- Lead on the development of the charities’ direct mail programme
Essential criteria to be considered:
- Proven track record of leading a team to reach annual income targets
- Experience of managing a team, providing inspirational leadership and developing staff
- Highly skilled and professional fundraiser with strong budget management and forecasting skills
- Can influence at a senior level internally and externally
- Experience of working within a large charity environment
- Experience of being a member of a senior management team
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust strategies for income growth
This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed active Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. Please note we are only able to consider applicants who are currently fully eligible to work in the UK.
* We are based at Buckhurst Hill in Essex but for the right candidate we are willing to consider a home-based position with an agreed minimum level of office attendance if the location requires this.
In the first instance please submit a CV and covering letter to using the form below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may commence before the closing date.