Church Contact Programme
We are looking for people like you who long to see the Gospel transform both indivdual lives and whole communities, to become an ambassador for Samaritan's Purse in their own church.
The primary role of a Samaritan's Purse Church Contact is to pass along news and information about our work and ministry - in disaster and emergency situations, in overseas development and in mission - to their church leader or leadership team. In doing so, we would hope that they would be inspired to encourage the broader church family to find out more and become involved with our work. Samaritan's Purse is best known for its Operation Christmas Child campaign but there is so much more that we do, throughout the year.
Through our Church Contact Programme and with the support of more churches, more women, children and families affected by natural disasters, armed conflict and poverty situations will begin to receive the help they need.
Click here to find out how to become a Church Contact.
A Samaritan's Purse Church Contact...
• Will receive quarterly communications from us with the latest news of our projects around the world to share with the church leadership team. This will include audio / video clips, PowerPoint presentations and information on resources, with suggestions on how the church family can get involved with and support our work.
• Will, in the case of natural and man made disasters, such as earthquakes, floods or famine, receive regular updates from the field to better inform prayer needs and give opportunity for direct involvement.
• Will join with us and other Church Contacts in your area, once or twice a year, for prayer and fellowship together.
• Will pray and encourage others in their church to pray for our work.
• Will have access to the Internet and can be contacted via email, either at home, at church or at work.
What we do
Our work broadly divides into three areas:
There when disaster strikes...read more>
Helping communities help themselves ...read more>
Reaching out with God’s love to the world’s children...read more>
How do I become a Samaritan’s Purse Church Contact?
If after prayerful consideration you want to become a Church Contact and be at the heart of all we do, then please follow these 3 simple steps:
Step 1 - Download the application form or request a copy by post.
Step 2 - Complete the application and feedback form.
Step 3 - Return the completed forms to Samaritan’s Purse.
Part of the process is to ask for an endorsement signature from your church leader which we hope will enable you and your leaders to start on this exciting journey together.
What happens next?
On receipt of your form we will send you a welcome pack in the next two-three weeks, followed by our first quarterly communication.
Meeting critical needs of victims of war, poverty, famine, disease, and natural disaster while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ